Annual May Walk to be held May 18-19
Walkers and bicycle riders are welcome to participate at their own pace in distances of 12.5, 18.5 and 31 miles.
This year marks the first the May Walk will occur across two days. Historically, the event occurred on the third Sunday of May, regardless of weather conditions.
Individuals wishing to participate on May 18 must begin their journeys between the hours of 8 and 11 a.m. May 19 participants traveling the 31-mile distance must embark between the hours of 7 and 10 a.m., while those wishing to participate in the 12.5 and 18.5-mile distances must start between the hours of 8 and 11 a.m.
All participants must finish their walk or bike ride by 9 p.m. on the evening of their departure.
Ural Federal University will be providing tea and cakes at the finish line closest to the university's main academic building. All participants who finish the trip will be given a trophy for their accomplishment.
The May Walk was started to encourage people to live healthy lifestyles and seek more active recreational activities. A total of 55,000 people between the ages of two and 90 have participated throughout the history of May Walk.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants