Yekaterinburg's UrFU to host Night of Museums
The city-wide multicultural interdisciplinary project will be expanding its program this year to include exhibitions in the main academic building of UrFU.
The building will feature a work called "Kreazot" by Vladimir Seleznev. The installation highlights well-known Yekaterinburg historical figures such as Paul Bazhov, Alexander Popov, Boris Yeltsin and others. Viewers will be able to see the figures' faces by entering the specially installed "dance floor" dark room on the second floor lobby of Hooke.
Also for Museum Night, the UrFU will host a "microcosm and macrocosm" exhibition in the gallery of the Center of Contemporary Culture. The project is a collaboration between the Astronomical Observatory Kourovka Urfa, the Ural Centre for Nanotechnology and artist Vera Voinkovoy. The exhibition will explore the endless cosmic landscapes captured by observatory telescopes, as well as internal microscopic views of wildlife in monotype.
The university's Department of Art History and Cultural Studies in Humanities and Arts will present a permanent exhibition dedicated to the character of Yekaterinburg. It will also host a temporary exhibition from artist Anna Trofimova and an exhibition of book illustrations by symbolist painter Vasily Vladimirov.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants