Koltsovo International Airport to hold Victory Day celebration for veterans
"The significance of Victory Day is difficult to overestimate," Koltsovo Executive Director Alex Piskunov said. "We salute our veterans, participants of the Great Patriotic War and home front workers, who defended the independence of our country and paved the way for future generations. Our task today: Do not forget to maintain a dignified life [for] our winners-veterans."
On May 9, a festival honoring veterans who worked on aviation detail during World War II will begin at 6:30 p.m. The program will commence with a special presentation by local children's groups followed by adult actors. Afterwards, a live orchestra will perform songs about the war and other popular compositions from the 1940s, and guests will be invited to taste soldier's porridge.
The celebration will continue with a 9:30 p.m. performance of the military musical "We Are Alive." Fireworks and a screening of the film "Go to Fight Some Old People" will conclude the day's festivities.
Koltsovo Airport will be holding sporting events to mark the end of the Victory Day celebration on May 10.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants