Yekaterinburg Opera, Ballet Theatre to premiere Verdi's Otello on May 16
The four-act opera, written in the early 1870s, is based on Shakespeare's Othello. Otello was first produced at Milan's Teatro alla Scala in 1887.
By the time Verdi wrote Otello, he was one of the most high-profile composers in Italy due to the success of his 1871 opera, Aida.
Stylistically, Otello is known for its lack of recitative-aria opera structure, much like many of Richard Wagner's later works.
Otello's libretto was written by Arrigo Boito and is considered very faithful to Shakespeare's version.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants