Uninjured miners evacuated from Novo-Kalyinskaya mine
The mine's rock-drill shop caught fire on Thursday, causing an open blaze in the surrounding areas of the mine. Crews were able to extinguish fires on the electric cabling in the shop and throughout the mine following the evacuation, ITAR-TASS reports.
Evacuated miners were brought to Novo-Kalyinskaya's administrative building. Work in the mine has resumed, though the electric power supply remains disconnected from the drill shop's emergency areas.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants