ACM ICPC committee visits Yekaterinburg
Included in the delegation of visitors was ACM ICPC Executive Director Professor Bill Poucher, Deputy Director Dr. Jeff Donahoo, representatives of the ACM ICPC Lisa Donahoo and Patrick Hynan and representatives of the sponsor, IBM Company Brenda Chow and Rodney D'Silva.
Ural Federal University First Vice-Rector and Deputy Chair of the Organizing Committee Dmitry Bugrov said the ACM ICPC World Finals is one of the university's top priorities.
"Together with our partner hoteliers we have done a lot of work to prepare database on Ekaterinburg hotels in order to provide the delegation with maximum information," Bugrov said. "This time the delegation's agenda didn't include any official events or press meetings - it was a purely working visit."
During the six-day visit, the American visitors attended meetings with representatives of the university's organizing committee. They also studied Yekaterinburg hotels and examined the Palace of Team Sports and the Cosmos Concert Hall.
Bill Poucher became a special guest of the student information security contest RuCTF-"Capture the Flag," which is conducted by the UrFU's Institute of Mathematics and Computer Sciences.
Poucher viewed Yekaterinburg as a strong potential venue for the ACM ICPC World Finals, highlighting the hotel's commitment to the project. He also praised the preliminary room allocation agreement, which was signed in February by the university, city administration and 14 Yekaterinburg hotels.
The Organizing Committee's next task will be to work on careful and detailed planning, after which UrFU will gain the official status of ACM ICPC World Finals host. In May, special working teams will be formed from representatives of the ACM ICPC Executive Committee, IBM and UrFU.
The teams will develop specific recommendations for the organization of the ACM-ICPC World Finals in May and June. They will consider such aspects as accommodations, logistics, the opening ceremony and cultural programs.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants