Sverdlovsk doubles funding for Ural Yekaterinburg
The team was promoted on Tuesday following the Spartak Nalchik match against Rotor Volgograd, which ended in a tie, RIA Novosti reports.
The result of the match meant that Ural could not be pushed out of the automatic position in the second-tier Football National League. Ural Yekaterinburg has not played in the RPL since 1996.
"It was decided by the board of directors of the club to double the club's funding," Sverdlovsk's regional government said, according to RIA Novosti.
The board has already reviewed a list of potential player acquisitions, though it has not stated who the club is targeting. Additionally, information on financial details surrounding budget-shuffling were not made available.
Between 1992 and 1996, Ural Yekaterinburg played in the Russian top flight under the name Uralmash, though they never placed higher than eighth, RIA Novosti reports.
The team's home stadium in Yekaterinburg will be hosting games during the 2018 World Cup.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants