Yekaterinburg Opera and Ballet Theatre to feature Verdi's "La Traviata"
The libretto is by Francesco Maria Piave and was written based on Alexandre Dumas' play "La Dame aux Camelias."
Alexei Lyudmilin is the musical director of the play, with Alexei Stepanyuk as stage director, Ravil Akhmetzyanov as set designer and Natalia Stepanova as costume designer.
The play is in Italian and is made up of three acts. The first performance of the opera was in March 1853 at the La Fenice opera house in Venice. Today, the opera is considered an immensely popular staple of the standard operatic repertoire. Last year, it was named on the Operabase list as the most performed opera worldwide.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants