Ural Federal University team wins math tournament in Tula
The tournament brought together teams from the leading universities in Moscow, Novosibirsk, Barnaul, Samara, Saratov and Chelyabinsk.
Additionally, the tournament involved two stages, with the first five rounds being held in accordance with the Swiss system, in which a victory gets a team two points, a draw scores a team one point and a loss results in zero points.
The final placing of the tournament was based on the total number of points scored by each player throughout all the rounds. The first four teams advanced to the semi-final rounds, the finals and a competition for third place.
The members of the winning team from UrFU include team captain Michail Gabdullin, Olga Soboleva, Oleg Dolgorukov, Bulat Zaynullin, Pavel Gein and Evgenya Zhevak. The team was coached by Andrey Plushenko, an instructor from the Combinatorial Algebra Laboratory of the UrFU's Institute of Mathematics and Computer Sciences.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants