World Skills Russia competition begins in Yekaterinburg
The competition began with an opening ceremony by University President Mikhail Fedorov, who praised the competitors for their hard work and noted the importance of skilled tradesman to the future of the Russian economy.
Students from the region will showcase their proficiency in the fields of web design, culinary arts, computer systems administration, carpentry, tiling and hairdressing. Winners from each category will go on to compete in the all-Russian competition and, if successful in the national event, may have the opportunity to demonstrate their skills at the World Skills international competition.
This is the first year Russia is competing in the World Skills program. National officials, including President Vladimir Putin, have contributed their encouragement for future Russian participation.
"We will do our best to maintain and increase the number of participants," Sverdlovsk Deputy Minister of Education Alexey Pakhomov said.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants