Air Astana begins new flights to Russia and Ukraine
Kazakhstan's national carrier will launch flights between Almaty and Kiev beginning on March 31, Travel Daily reports.
The next day, flights will be launched between Astana and the Ukrainian capital. Services will run three times a week, on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays, on an Airbus A320 aircraft. The Astana flights run on Mondays Wednesdays and Saturdays in an Embraer E190.
Air Astana will also launch two new routes to Russia in the next month, with flights between Moscow and Atyrau, which is on Kazakhstan's Caspian Sea coast, operating three times a week beginning April 1. Services connecting Astana and Orenburg in southern Russia will run three times a week from April 16. Both services will use an Embraer E190 aircraft and will operate three times a week.
"Air Astana continues to strengthen its position as Central Asia's leading carrier, with the new services to Ukraine and Russia from the hubs in Almaty and Astana further extending the international network. With growing government, business, cultural and tourism links between Ukraine and Kazakhstan, I'm confident of strong demand for... these new routes," Peter Foster, the president of Air Astana, said, Travel Daily reports.
Orenburg will follow Moscow, Kazan, Novosibirsk, Omsk, Samara, St. Petersburg and Yekaterinburg in becoming the eighth destination for Air Astana in Russia. Kiev will be the airline's first destination in the Ukraine.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants