Chairman of Federation Council asks Czech authorities for support of EXPO-2020 bid
The meeting of the International Exhibitions Bureau will be held in Paris in November, Voice of Russia reports.
"In November the host city of the the EXPO-2020 will become known," Matvienko said, according to Voice of Russia. "There are several candidates; we hope that Russia will win, because the exhibition has never been held in our country.
"I asked the Czech side to support the application of Yekaterinburg, when the decision will be taken. The Czech Republic has extensive links with the Sverdlovsk region; the Prime Minister has promised to treat this request positively."
Should Yekaterinburg get the chance to host the world exhibition, it will be the first ever held in the Russian territory.
The city presented theme of "The Global Mind. The future of globalization and its impact on our world."
Other candidates bidding to host EXPO-2020 include Izmir, Turkey; Ayutthaya, Thailand; Dubai, UAE; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants