Sochi 2014 Olympics committee launches art contest
With participation from Yekaterinburg's department of culture, the committee will accept submissions from artists of all disciplines, including musicians, painters and acrobats. Artists can submit individually or as a group online, according to Ekburg.ru.
In the first round of the competition, anyone can go online and vote for their favorite submissions. Submissions from the finalists will be presented to representatives from the department of culture. Ultimately, the department will select three winners.
Those selected will perform or exhibit their art to Olympic spectators in Sochi. Winners will be paid to travel to Sochi and given lodging accommodations. Finalists will be given the opportunity to present their work during the games in Sochi, but must pay for their own travel and lodging.
Applications will be available until the end of August 2013. The first round of finalists will be announced on September 10, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants