Celebrities petition to erect Vladimir Mulyavin monument in Yekaterinburg
"The music by Vladimir Mulyavin and the Pesnyary group is still deeply loved in all the former USSR republics and beyond," a collective petition said, BelTA reports.
The monument would be erected in front of the Cosmos concert hall in downtown Yekaterinburg.
"The Pesnyary group performed on stage of this concert hall for more than 20 years, singing songs that still echo in the hearts of local residents," the petition said, BelTA reports. The petitioners added that the monument "will contribute to promoting the beautiful music of Vladimir Mulyavin, perpetuating the memory of one of the most famous natives of Yekaterinburg, strengthening friendly ties between the brotherly peoples of Russia and Belarus".
Figures signing the petition include Nikolai Ryzhkov, a member of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of Russia, space pilot and two-time Hero of the Soviet Union Piotr Klimuk, and poet Nikolai Dobronravov. Iosif Kobzon, a People's Artist of the USSR and member of the State Duma of Russia, also signed the petition, as did People's Architect of Russia Yuri Grigoriev, People's Artist of the USSR Composer Lyudmila Lyadova and People's Artist of the USSR TV presenter Viktor Balashov, BelTA reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants