UMMC Ekaterinburg's Sue Bird scheduled for knee surgery
The 32-year-old athlete developed a cyst in her right knee in late 2012. While a date for surgery has not yet been set, doctors estimate Bird's recovery period will last at least six months, Seattle PI reports.
"While I may not be on the court in 2013 for the Storm, I will be in Seattle, cheering from the sidelines and doing whatever it takes to support the team through the season," Bird said, according to Seattle PI.
The Seattle Storm's opening game is scheduled for May 26 against the Los Angeles Sparks.
Despite considerable pain, Bird announced that she will complete her contract with UMMC Ekaterinburg prior to the surgery.
"We want Sue to return to full health and be healthy enough to play in 2014 and for many more seasons with the Storm," Storm General Manager Brian Agler said, according to Seattle PI.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants