Yekaterinburg zoo holds finest female competition
Approximately 1,200 people logged on to the Yekaterinburg Zoo website to vote in the this year's competition. Bukashov, a lynx, was awarded the "Zoomiss 2013" title, having received 55 percent of the votes, Mir66 reports.
Runners up included a galago named Sonia, Star the hyena, several emus and a turtle.
Zoo officials are not surprised that approximately 800 votes went to Bukashov. Lynxes are the only wild cats that live in the Urals. Bukashov recently gave birth and zoo spectators have often seen the cat nurturing her babies, according to Mir66.
Bukashov's prize was a large portion of meat. She will spend the remainder of the year with a "Zoomiss" placard above her pen.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants