Growth continues in Sverdlovsk Region's direct foreign investment
The information comes from a report on the region's socioeconomic development program for 2012, compiled by Sverdlovsk Region First Deputy Economics Minister Anatoly Ogloblin, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The report also said the region had a much better position in the rating of Russian Federation constituencies than the year prior.
Between 2011 and 2012, the region rose to the 16th position from the 51st position in terms of its industrial production index. The region moved from sixth to fifth in regard to industrial goods shipped to consumers. The Sverdlovsk Region ranks higher than the country's average on the industrial production index, according to Ural Business Consulting.
The greatest production output growth in 2012 was seen in the machine-building industry, where last year the local machine-building enterprises increased their metallurgical machinery output by more than two times against 2011.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants