Voice of Russia helps Russian WWII veteran reunite with French comrades
Nikolai Vasenin, 93, is the last living cavalier of the Legion of Honor order and said that he has never forgotten the French friends he fought beside during the Second World War, Voice of Russia reports.
He also has not forgotten the local woman he fell in love with upon first meeting in France.
At the request of the committee and the Sverdlovsk government, Laurent Brayard, a journalist with the Voice of Russia, found Jeanne Monot and the rest of Nikolai Vasenin's comrades.
The world fair helped restore the friendship of the French and Russian soldiers who fought valiantly side-by-side during the Second World War. The story is symbolic of the recent building of connections between the two nations of Russia and France, Voice of Russia reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants