Russian agencies seek to add air travel tax
Officials from the ministry confirmed that the proposed tax legislation has been passed to government officials for review. Ministry representatives said that the tariffs will be levied on all commercial entities operating at Russian airports as a means to generate additional funds for infrastructure and development, Mir66 reports.
Sources familiar with the proposed tax legislation indicate that the ordinance authorizes commercial entities to pass the added fees onto ticket prices for air travelers. Transportation ministry officials hope that the infrastructural improvements funded by the taxes will continue to attract outside investors to participate in ongoing efforts to modernize Russian airports.
In recent years, Russian transportation officials have sought to increase the number of Russian air passengers by reducing the price of domestic air travel. The new tax proposal, however, will call for price increases for both international and domestic flights operating in Russia, according to Mir66.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants