Russia works with France to help develop infrastructure for major events
French President Francois Hollande signed the framework, which was put together by Yekaterinburg's Alexander Joacob and France's Paul-Marie Rinvald. The signing ceremony was held in Moscow at the Hotel Baltschug Kempinski conference hall, alongside another meeting in the Kremlin between the Russian and French business communities, Ekburg.ru reports.
The agreement implements projects for the development of engineering and transport, infrastructure, energy, the environment and other areas of urban development to be prepared consistently and systematically. Yekaterinburg will rely on international best practices in order to ramp up its infrastructure for such large-scale events as the World Programming 2014, World Cup 2018 and Expo-2020.
French experts have implemented successful projects in Yekaterinburg and around the Sverdlovsk region. The country is familiar with the Urals capital and will help in the design and construction of the city's first light rail line. They will help develop intelligent traffic management schemes and complex arrangements of space around the Central Stadium and will also help develop the main site of Expo-2020.
"The agreement is, of course, a framework," Head of the Administration of Yekaterinburg Alexander Jakob said, Ekburg.ru reports. "It is clear that the future relationship of our work with the Group of Companies EZHIS will build on the features of the Russian federal law. But we hope that the international experience of the French experts will be very useful for the further development of Yekaterinburg, and we can use it not only for the expert and advisory level, but also in practice. The course of such a complex scheme of cooperation between Russia and France was officially confirmed on the eve of a meeting in the Kremlin, the Russian and French business communities of the two countries' presidents Vladimir Putin and Francois Hollande."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants