Elderly Yekaterinburg bus passenger injured
Officials reported that the accident occurred at approximately 5:45 p.m. local time at the route's Amundsen stop on Bardeen St. The bus driver said that he was forced to apply his emergency brake while pulling away from the stop when a car darted around the bus, Mir66 reports.
The woman, who had been standing, fell the ground and broke her left arm. She was taken by ambulance to CCH 24, where doctors also treated her for a head injury and a bruised stomach.
Officials are currently investigating the extent of the bus driver's culpability in the incident, according to Mir66.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants