More than $1.5 million raised to fix orphanages damaged by meteor
Shortly after the meteor made impact in the Urals, Good Roads announced the fundraising effort on its website. Within 30 minutes, the charity's message went viral throughout many social media platforms and Good Roads received its first donations, according to Mir66.
Many of the orphanages' windows were already in a state of disrepair prior the meteor's destruction.
One southern Ural orphanage, which is home to children aged six to 17, had several missing panes of glass in its windows before losing another 60 to the meteor. Funds raised by Good Roads will provide new windows to the facility's bedrooms, hallways and dining room, Mir66 reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants