Sverdlovsk regional courts processed nearly half a million lawsuits in 2012
Court officials said that the number of 2012 lawsuits in district and municipal courts directly corresponds to the 10 percent increase of crime in the region over 2011. Additionally, magistrate courts processed 11 percent more lawsuits in 2012 than the previous year, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Federal courts dealt with 12 percent more defendants guilty in 2012 than in 2011, while magistrate courts issued nine percent more guilty verdicts.
Of the cases heard in federal courts in 2012, 48 percent of the accused were sentenced to prison. Conditional sentences were issued to 23 percent of defendants in 2012, and slightly more than 10 percent of defendants received community service, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants