City Without Drugs head may run for Yekaterinburg mayor
Shaikhutdinov said that "Roziman is well-known in Yekaterinburg and his chances are high," Itar-Tass reports.
chances also said that the nomination of candidates will begin no earlier than May and that consultations are currently progressing.
Roizman has said that he discussed the prospect of running for mayor with Mikhail Prokhorov, the leader of the Civic Platform Party. He said the situation with the City Without Drugs Foundation may make him run for mayor.
"We were speaking with Mikhail and take the situation in the way that we should be ready for contact fighting. Therefore, I do not rule out that I will just have to run for mayor to relieve pressure from my associates and to try to make my city better," Roizman said, Itar-Tass reports.
The City Without Drugs Foundation has been heavily scrutinized lately and has been under surveillance by law enforcement agencies after several criminal cases were opened against it. Roizman has repeatedly said that this is political persecution.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants