Russia and China to begin producing films together
On February 2, the Radio, Film and Television Bureau of Harbin City signed an agreement with the Sverdlovsk branch of the Russian Film Association to require the joint production of several feature and documentary films, which will be screened during Harbin film festival, Russia Beyond the Headlines reports.
In July, China and Russia issued a joint communique on a wide range of cooperation and coordination between the two countries, which was released after the 17th regular meeting of the two countries' heads of government. The meeting was co-chaired by the Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev.
The prime ministers approved of the rapid development of cultural cooperation between the two countries, and were in favor of implementing an action plan for furthering such cooperation.
The two sides agreed to create local movies for participation in international festivals hosted by both sides. They engaged the two countries' film making institutions in co-producing films in the subjects of common interest, according to Russia Beyond the Headlines.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants