Svyaznoy to open Apple stores in Russia
The company plans to open the first Apple stores in Yekaterinburg, Kazan, Krasnodar, Novosibirsk and other cities with populations of more than one million. The first store will open in Novosibirsk on February 15, RIA Novosti reports.
Svyaznoy recently reached an agreement with Apple on direct supplies of the entire range of Apple products.
"The Apple Premium Reseller status awarded to the company, the opening of mono-brand stores and an agreement on direct supplies will possibly allow Svyaznoy to influence Apple, while Apple's new products will appear in Svyaznoy without delay," TelecomDaily analyst Denis Kuskov said, RIA Novosti reports.
Vyaznoy CEO Denis Lyudkovsky said that the company was bound by an agreement with Apple and could not comment on plans a mono-brand network without Apple's consent. Apple representatives also declined to comment.
Lyudkovsky did say, however, that the company would soon launch a new mono-brand project.
Svyaznoy became the largest distributer of Apple products in Russia in 2012, selling $160 million of product, RIA Novosti reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants