Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg to receive financing from TNK-BP
The oil company will give the team a cash injection of an undisclosed amount as part of TNK-BP's regional charity campaign designed to support athletic programs in the region.
"Physical culture and sport are the spheres of social life whose development we are always ready to provide charitable resources for" stated Chemezov, according to Ria Novosti.
TNK-BP hopes its support of Avtomobilist will earn the company a presence in Yekaterinburg, a market it has recently begun to enter.
"At this stage, it's important to strike up the kind of cooperation that will benefit the company and the lifestyle of the population", Chemezov said, Ria Novosti reports.
Currently the KHL's worst-performing team in the Eastern Conference, Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg has scored a total of 35 points over the course of 49 games. The team has been struggling with finances throughout the season and was saved from complete financial ruin in September by Agropromkredit.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants