School bus accident kills man, injures 10 teens
The fatal accident, which also injured 10 teenagers, occurred at approximately 2 p.m. Yekaterinburg time at the Yekaterinburg-Chernousovo road's 56 kilometer marker. At the time of the incident, the bus was transporting 12 students between the ages of 14 and 15 from Chernousovo to Yekaterinburg to participate in a sporting event, Itar-Tass reports.
Officials said that the school bus collided with a VAZ-2109 car, causing both vehicles to catch fire shortly after impact. Students aboard the bus were evacuated - 10 were later treated for minor injuries. The driver of the VAZ-2109 succumbed to burn injuries and died in the hospital, according to Itar-Tass.
The Sverdlovsk region's department of emergencies said that an investigation has already begun into the details of the collision.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants