Koltsovo Airport sees increase in passenger traffic for 2012
The airport, which is a member of Regional Airports Holding, offered its services to 3,783,069 passengers in 2012, according to Ural Business Consulting.
There was a 23.4 percent increase in traffic for international flights, with 1,849,053 passengers flying internationally. The company performed 21,728 takeoff and landing operations at Koltsovo airport last year, marking a 7.9 percent increase on a year earlier.
The company also saw an increase in its freight transportation, with the volume of mail and cargo rising 3.9 percent to 25,865.83 tons, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Koltsovo Airport is located 16 kilometers southeast of Yekaterinburg and is a hub for Ural Airlines and Aviacon Zitotrans. The airport originally acted as a military airbase when it opened in 1928. It became a civilian airport on July 10, 1943, acquiring international status in 1993.
It is the fifth largest airport in Russia.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants