FIFA expresses confidence in Russia for 2018 World Cup
"The 2018 Russian Local Organizing Committee is on a very good track", Blatter tweeted on Sunday, according to World Football Insider.
During his weekend visit, Blatter met with Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko, football union president Nikolai Tolstykh and LOC CEO Alexey Sorokin, as well as other prominent Russian leaders involved with the upcoming World Cup.
During Blatter's stay, he received a call from President Vladimir Putin offering his support for the upcoming games. He also received a presentation from sports minister Mutko detailing the construction plans for the $400 million venue to house the 2018 games, World Football Insider reports.
The 2018 World Cup games will also be held in Moscow, Sochi and Yekaterinburg.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants