Eight die in Yekaterinburg fire
The fire was reported to the local branch of the Emergency Situations Ministry on Wednesday at 6:23 a.m. local time, Itar-Tass reports.
Firefighters arrived at the site, where a one story administrative building was burning on Sibirka Street. The fire was extinguished at 8:41 a.m.
After the debris was cleared, eight bodies were discovered.
Investigators, fire research experts, police and prosecutors are working at the scene, according to Itar-Tass.
Preliminary reports say that the victims were members of a construction team. An investigation is currently underway.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants