Yekaterinburg places bid to host World EXPO 2020
The display's theme is "Global Intellect" and contains drawings and models of Yekaterinburg's proposed Expo Park, as well as a multi-media presentation targeted towards foreign ambassadors and members of the Russian business community highlighting the city's merits, Voice of Russia reports.
In his speech at the display's unveiling, Dvorkovich reiterated that modern Russia is rich in cultural and business traditions, making it an ideal venue for EXPO 2020. He also explained that such a high-profile event as EXPO 2020 would be especially helpful in the country's regional development.
If selected as the event's host, the Sverdlovsk region would implement numerous infrastructure projects to prepare for the expo, giving the region a welcome economic boost. During EXPO 2020, the Ural capital would host approximately 32 million people from more than 150 countries for a six month duration according to Voice of Russia.
Many foreign representatives reportedly indicated an interest in visiting Yekaterinburg after seeing the city's proposed Expo Park.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants