Woman flees scene of car accident after colliding with police lieutenant
The incident occurred the morning of January 16 at the intersection of Victory Ave. and Kunavina St. in the Ural mountains. Reportedly, the woman ran through a red light and collided with the police car. When the lieutenant emerged from her vehicle to check on the well-being of the motorist, the young woman ran from the accident site, according to Mir66.
A crew was dispatched to the scene shortly after the incident, including the Ural chief of traffic police, traffic accident analysis experts and the head of the area's police department. Tests conducted on the lieutenant involved in the crash revealed no alcohol in her blood.
Two hours after the accident, a 19-year-old woman entered a city hospital with injuries she claimed to have sustained from a car accident earlier that morning. Police are currently investigating the young woman and will take legal action against her if she is found to be the fugitive motorist, Mir66 reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants