Man smuggling more than 50 pounds of precious stones caught Yekaterinburg
The man was carrying a suitcase filled with diamonds, topazes, sapphires and other jewelry valued at nearly $300,000. Customs fees for the precious stones has been valued at approximately $80,000, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Criminal action against the smuggler has been taken as Russian law mandates harsher consequences for those who attempt to circumvent customs fees amounting to $33,000 or more.
The case is under investigation and the man in question is being charged with avoidance of customs duties payment.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants