Russian tourist found dead in Peru
Officials believe Nikolaev's death occurred on or around January 3, the day he checked into his hotel.
Reportedly, Nikolaev notified the staff of the Platinum Palace Vanchak hotel that he came to Peru to visit the city of Machu Picchu, according to Mir66.
Investigators list the Russian's cause of death as poisoning, namely from ingesting the Russian drink Ayahuasca shaman - known to induce a psychoactive effect. Authorities also found a syringe containing an unknown substance next to Nikolaev's body, Mir66 reports.
The Russian Embassy in Peru has not yet commented on Alex Nikolaev's death.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants