Yekaterinburg tests new ice melting product on sidewalks
The city is using the substance on a trial basis, and will later decide whether or not to use it regularly, Ekburg.ru reports.
The chemical composition of Bionord is based on salt, which helps to melt the ice. The version of the product used on sidewalks is different from that which is used in the streets. The sidewalk version melts the ice and snow and leaves behind a layer of gravel that helps prevent slipping.
The ice melting substance is first being tested in pedestrian areas in the perimeter of Small Ring Rd., Chelyuskintsev East-Furmanov-Moscow. It will be decided later whether the product will follow the precedent of the road version of the product and be extended for use throughout the entire city, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants