Chunk of ice falls off ice town monument in Yekaterinburg
The incident occurred when inspectors checked the ice building for safety, Mir66 reports.
A piece of ice broke away from the biggest slide, Denis Sukhorukov, the Press Secretary for the Administration of Yekaterinburg, said, according to Mir66.
The administration said that the area had not been included in the routine safety checks, but that it has now been included and the area has been strengthened.
The ice town opened on Saturday, December 29.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants