Yekaterinburg government takes steps to assist migrant workers
Supported by several city grants, the "Guide for migrants, Yekaterinburg" program offers comprehensive support services and educational materials for those who enter the city seeking employment. The program guides migrants through the legalization process and even helps find suitable employment for professionals with appropriate experience and credentials. "Guide for migrants, Yekaterinburg" also offers Yekaterinburg natives and employers with information regarding the migrant background, according to Ekburg.ru.
The first draft of the program will target migrants from Tajikistan - the largest influx of laboring migrants entering Yekaterinburg. Brochures will be given to Tajik migrants, written in their own language, with helpful information such as how to find a place to live, where to find transportation and where to find labor positions in the city.
Officials said that by helping migrant workers transition to life in Yekaterinburg, there will be fewer incidences of illegal immigration, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants