Yekaterinburg's ice rink re-opens
Saturday's event began at approximately 5 p.m. with remarks from Jacob celebrating the long-awaited opening of what the mayor called "the town's most beautiful ice". Following the mayor's address, the ceremony continued with performances from the "Bayan-show" and "Chocolate" groups, Ekburg.ru reports.
Also present at the reopening celebration were Santa Claus and Snow Maiden, who sang a portion of "In the Forest Tree was Born," a favorite song among Yekaterinburg locals.
Costumed winter-time characters from cultures across the globe were also in attendance, greeting Yekaterinburg locals and visitors at the rink's reopening. Yakutia, Uzbek, Finnish, Dutch, French, Swedish and Japanese cultural icons were represented at the celebration, according to Ekburg.ru.
Organizers of the event wove the city's new motto, "The Global Intelligence," into elements of the reopening celebration. "The Global Intelligence" is the theme Yekaterinburg used in its successful bid to host the 2020 World Universal Exposition.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants