Yekaterinburg police investigate rape accusations
Eugene Zolotavin, the head of the investigative department of the Yekaterinburg district, said that a criminal case has been opened under part 1 of article 131 of the criminal code, against rape from an unidentified police officer. The agency will conduct identification through biological and genetic examinations, Mir66 reports.
The victim claims that the rape happened in the vicinity of the police department.
Should the results of the investigation prove that a staff member was involved, he will be dismissed from the police force and the leaders of the department will be held to strict disciplinary action.
The report said that the woman and others were taken to the police office from a sauna in Yekaterinburg on suspicion of prostitution, Mir66 reports.
The department says it will not cover anything up, yet is hesitant to draw any premature conclusions.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants