No deaths reported in Yekaterinburg hotel fire
Two hotel employees were injured in the fire and were taken to the city hospital, according to Itar-Tass.
At approximately 5:30 local time on Saturday, the fire alarm signal was received. The fire started in a restaurant on the five-story building's second floor, quickly spreading to the bar and furniture.
By the time 68 firemen arrived, 40 square meters were ablaze.
Using 21 machines, the fire was extinguished. Thirteen people were evacuated, two of whom with the use of f ire engine ladders.
An erroneous earlier report stated that two people died, Itar-Tass reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants