Sverdlovsk region roads and rails to get expensive upgrades
The government is focused largely on the completion of the Ivdel-Khanty-Mansiyk highway that connects the Sverdlovsk and Yugra regions. The multi-billion dollar infrastructure investment will also create and renovate roads within the city of Yekaterinburg, according to RusBizNews.
By 2030, the regional government plans to invest more than $4 billion to develop Yekaterinburg's rail system. Officials expect to renovate 23 rail stations within the region's capital city.
This year, more than 3.5 million travelers have passed through the region's Koltsovo International Airport, making it the fifth busiest airport in Russia in regards to passenger traffic. Experts expect Koltsovo to serve 7.3 million passengers by 2020, RusBizNews reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants