Sverdlovsk Region's GDP rises 7.8 percent
The Sverdlovsk Region's gross regional product grew by 7.8 percent in 2012, or approximately $50 billion, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The region was ranked sixth nationally in terms of industrial goods supplied to consumers. It ranked higher for retail trade, coming in third, behind Moscow and Moscow Region. It was the seventh largest constituency in terms of capital asset investments.
Preliminary estimates say that the volume of goods produced inside the region and shipped to consumers will be 13.7 percent greater than in 2011.
Additionally, it is estimated that Sverdlovsk Region's industrial production index will grow by 8.3 percent compared to 2011, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants