Lupul leaves KHL's Yekaterinburg Avtomobilist
Lupul became the first NHL player to ever join the KHL after the NHL lockout prevented him from playing as forward for the the Toronto Maple Leafs. After nine games in the KHL, Lupul returned to Canada during a break in the Russian league's schedule and requested to be released from his contract, RSport.ru reports.
Lupul was reportedly unable to adjust to cultural and culinary customs in the Urals.
Yekaterinburg Avtomobilist is the lowest scoring team this season, winning only six of 34 games, according to RSport.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants