Derailment delays 16 trains in Chelyabinsk
Traffic was opened on one track between Flyusovaya and Syrostan at 7:14 Moscow time on December 14. An alternative route was coordinated for passenger trains. Sixteen trains, including some from Moscow, Adler, Simferopol, Anapa, Kislovodsk and Chelyabinsk were delayed from four to 14 hours, Itar-Tass reports.
Sixty-eight of the delayed passengers were able to stay in rooms at railway stations in Chelyabinsk, Miass and Troitsk. Rooms for mothers and children were found for 34 passengers. Additionally, the station at Chelyabinsk provided passengers with hot meals.
On December 13, 23 cars loaded with coal derailed at the Syrostan-Flyusovaya section, damaging the adjacent track and three supports. An inquiry has been launched to look into the accident, according to Itar-Tass.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants