Central Military destroys obsolete ammunition
Last winter, the Ministry of Defense conducted, for the first time, the application of technologies for the destruction of bezdetonatsionnyh shells commercially. The work took place under the direction of then CVO Commander Colonel General Vladimir Chirkina. Chirkina is now the Commander of the Land Forces, Mir66 reports.
The CVO was able to get rid of the munitions without the use of rigging or blasting, so as to be less of a burden on the local community, a representative of the CVO said.
Previously, the ammunition was dealt with by being dropped into Bershet and Kemchug landfills in Perm and Krasnoyarsk territories, respectively. They were also placed in Chun, Winter and Trunk sites in the Irkutsk region, as well as in the Tyumen landfill.
In 2012, the Central Military District eliminated more than 6540 tons of ammunition, with work beginning January 20. Fourteen specially formed units with fully equipped professionals and technicians worked on the task, eliminating ammunition at a rate of approximately 2,000 tons a day, all without the use of explosives, Mir66 reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants