International family film festival comes to Urals
Taking part in the festival is Polish director Krysztof Zanussi, who has received several accolades for producing films and live performances celebrating family values. At the festival's opening, Zanussi said that he is glad that, "in Russia there are talented actors who are willing to support...'Family Circle,'" according to OblGazeta.ru.
This year's Family Circle festival includes more than 50 documentaries, animated films and children's films from across 15 countries.
Igor Blackhead created a film entitled "Hollywood Trash" specifically for the festival. Well-known American actors participated in "Hollywood Trash".
Festival president Irinia Alferov stars in a life performance of "Educating Rita" that will run during the festival. Alferov hopes that the play will have leave a lasting impression on the audience, OblGazeta.ru reports.
Family Circle was created to address what the festival's organized perceived to be a loss of family values in society and in the media. The festival's goal is to present entertainment for the entire family that refrains from violence of crude humor.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants