Sinara Pipe Plant holds pipe-cutting contest
The competition was part of a youth program and involved eight contestants under the age of 30, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Employees from the plant acted as jurors in the contest, evaluating contestants both in theoretical expertise and practical skill.
In the theoretical portion of the contest, workers answered questions regarding labor protection, industrial and fire safety, labor law and collective agreements. They also were tested on professional terminology and production technology.
The practical skills test was held in the OCTG production shop T-4, where contestants looked at pipe samples to determine their class of strength. They then selected samples that did not meet technical requirements and identified which type of socket was needed for cutting, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants