Yekaterinburg assesses physical activity of residents
The city duma said that this year will see the completion of a football arena in Ordzhonikidze district and a sports and recreation center with an ice rink in Chkalovsky district, with a similar structure to be built in the Leninsky district, Ekburg.ru reports.
Additionally, repairs will be made to a children's sports school on Kuibyshev St. and at a junior sports school in the Chkalovsky district. The total number of sports institutions is set to increase by 18 units and will increase capacity to 43,000 people.
Indicators of the program's effectiveness show that the proportion of citizens systematically involved in sports was at 25 percent. The number of children and adolescents aged six-to-15 years who were regularly engaged in physical activity was at 46 percent, according to Ekburg.ru.
The program is also encouraging the creation of a network of websites for sports schools and sports facilities to make information about them more accessibly to the community. This includes an interactive map of sports facilities in the city.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants