Yekaterinburg listed among top cities accepting bank cards
2GIS carried out research comparing 180 Russian cities whose businesses accept credit and debit cards and scored them based on percentage of businesses accepting cards. Yekaterinburg received the sixth position with 19.2 percent of businesses accepting bank cards, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Surgut, with 25 percent of businesses accommodating card payments, was in first place, followed by Izhevsk, Nizhnevartovsk, Voronezh and Arkhangelsk.
Larger Russian cities such as Moscow and St. Petersburg did not score well on 2GIS' list. Moscow was ranked 12th and Saint Petersburg ranked 17th. Moscow, however, did place first for total businesses accepting credit cards with 43,000 such businesses followed by St. Petersburg with a total of 20,000 card-accepting companies.
Yekaterinburg ranked third among the list of total businesses accepting credit cards with 10,000 such companies, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants